St. Albans, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in St. Albans, MO. If you're a homeowner in St. Albans, MO, you know how essential it is to have an appealing outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. And what better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its value and allows your guests to enjoy it more. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional St. Albans, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning team has been helping St. Albans, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for more than almost three decades. If you want to add a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in St. Albans, MO:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in St. Albans, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Contracting a professional deck builder in St. Albans, MO ensures that your deck is built to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They can also apply for permits with your local municipality or St. Albans, MO HOA on your behalf if needed.
While many St. Albans, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home addition attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are safe during installation. While a DIY approach may cost less up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, the repair and extra materials will end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the best reason to hire a professional deck builder is that they can also augment your yard even more by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
St. Albans, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
When planning for a custom deck in St. Albans, MO, there are several things to think about to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and appealing outdoor living space. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself enjoying your new deck? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded place to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind factors such as sun and shade, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional St. Albans, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials do you want to use for your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. Each material has its own pros and cons, so you need to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to what professional deck builders tell you, and choose a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it mesh well with your home's architecture and landscape? Decks come in a variety of styles, from simple to elaborate, conventional to contemporary. Go over aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to keep them in top shape. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to build your deck? Most local St. Albans, MO building codes mandate permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Additionally, regulations specify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is essential to comply with all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By considering the above factors and contracting a trustworthy St. Albans, MO deck builder, you can create a beautiful and functional yard that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell us what you have and mind, and we'll deliver a brand new deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in St. Albans, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create your custom deck. Most St. Albans, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built in any style. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, however, the color at installation cannot be changed later.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in St. Albans, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to focus on finding a layout that works best for you and your yard in St. Albans, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are perfect for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more intricate and adaptable style that can have different spaces devoted to different uses. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for eating, relaxing, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can offer a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It provides a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the project should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is placed just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's vital to pick a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The style of your deck depends on your personal preferences, budget, and the specific needs of your St. Albans, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional St. Albans, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your St. Albans, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in St. Albans, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. Typically, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in St. Albans, MO?
The construction cost can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the price of a new deck in St. Albans, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more elaborate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in St. Albans, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in St. Albans, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in St. Albans, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last half a century or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in St. Albans, MO?
Regular maintenance is vital to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced promptly, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to stave off the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in St. Albans, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in St. Albans, MO
If you're a homeowner in St. Albans, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional St. Albans, MO deck builders with more than 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in St. Albans, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.