Oakville, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Oakville, MO. If you're a homeowner in Oakville, MO, you know how important it is to have an appealing outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Oakville, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our regionally recognized designers and craftsman have been helping Oakville, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for more than 25 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a great way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Oakville, MO:
- Increases how much your home is worth
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Oakville, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know the investment will pay off. Working with a professional deck builder in Oakville, MO guarantees that your deck is built to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also handle acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Oakville, MO regulations.
While some Oakville, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While a DIY approach may save some money on the front end, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the best reason to hire a professional deck builder is that they can work to enhance your yard even more by adding other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your yard will be designed to function together and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
Oakville, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
When planning for a new deck in Oakville, MO, there are several factors to keep in mind to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. The below are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded spot to watch nature? Understanding the intended purpose of your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Consider factors such as shade, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Oakville, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are built with wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. Each material has its own pros and cons, so it is important to understand the specifics of each, heed what professional deck builders recommend, and choose a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it go with the rest of your home? There are numerous design options for decks, from straightforward to detailed, conventional to more adventurous. Think about factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and beautiful yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a budget early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require over the years? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to keep them in top shape. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? Most local Oakville, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Furthermore, building codes specify minimum standards for how safe your deck is. It is necessary to adhere to all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and contracting a reputable Oakville, MO deck building company, you can create an appealing and functional yard that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Just tell us what you have and mind, and we'll be able to give you a brand new deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Oakville, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Oakville, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are the classic choice for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, handsome, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Oakville, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to choose a style that works best for you and your yard in Oakville, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile design that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and colors to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It provides a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer extraordinary scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's imperative to choose a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The design of your deck depends on your tastes and how we can make your Oakville, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Oakville, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Oakville, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Oakville, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to harsher elements. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be constructed in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Oakville, MO?
The construction cost can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the price of building a deck in Oakville, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more ornate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Oakville, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in Oakville, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Oakville, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Oakville, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any debris that falls on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Oakville, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Oakville, MO
If you're a homeowner in Oakville, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, a knowledgeable group of professional Oakville, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Oakville, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.