Lake St Louis, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Lake St Louis, MO. If you're a homeowner in Lake St Louis, MO, you know how important it is to have a beautiful outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its curb appeal and allows your guests to enjoy it more. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Lake St Louis, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning team has been helping Lake St Louis, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for over almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Lake St Louis, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Lake St Louis, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Hiring a professional deck builder in Lake St Louis, MO ensures that your deck is designed and installed to code and with durable materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They can also apply for permits with your local municipality or Lake St Louis, MO HOA for you if needed.
While many Lake St Louis, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less initially, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can help enhance your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, all additions to your yard will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
How to Pick the Best Deck Design for Your Lake St Louis, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a new deck in Lake St Louis, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure you get the best end product. The below are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a private spot to watch nature? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that need to be included.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Consider factors like sun and shade, which way the wind usually blows, and scenery to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Lake St Louis, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to their codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different aesthetics, durability, and maintenance needs. Most decks are made of wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their unique advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, listen to what professional deck builders say, and decide on a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it go with the rest of your property? There are innumerable design options for decks, from straightforward to intricate, conventional to modern. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a budget early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require over time? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to keep them looking their best. Be sure to factor in the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to build your deck? Most local Lake St Louis, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal problems. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is essential to comply with all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account these factors and contracting well-respected Lake St Louis, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor living space that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll deliver a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Lake St Louis, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Lake St Louis, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more effort than other decks.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and prevent decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They come in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Lake St Louis, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to choose a style that meets your needs and augments your Lake St Louis, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more intricate and versatile style that offers different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides an all-encompassing transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be built with different materials and colors to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain feature of your yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It provides a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer extraordinary views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require careful design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the project should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is placed just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's important to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Lake St Louis, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Lake St Louis, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
FAQs About Deck Building in Lake St Louis, MO
- How long does it take to build a deck in Lake St Louis, MO?
The duration of the project depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to weather. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be constructed in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Lake St Louis, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the price of a new deck in Lake St Louis, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more elaborate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Lake St Louis, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Lake St Louis, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Lake St Louis, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last half a century or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Lake St Louis, MO?
Regular maintenance is vital to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any debris that falls on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Lake St Louis, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Lake St Louis, MO
If you're a homeowner in Lake St Louis, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an award-winning group of professional Lake St Louis, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Lake St Louis, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.