Affton, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Affton, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Affton, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-thought out and well-built deck can transform any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, installing a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is where a professional Affton, MO deck builder comes in. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning team has been helping Affton, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for more than two and a half decades. If you want to add a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a great way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Affton, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Affton, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know the investment will pay off. Hiring a professional deck builder in Affton, MO guarantees that your deck is built to code and with durable materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They can also apply for permits with your local municipality or Affton, MO homeowners' association on your behalf if needed.
While some Affton, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect enticing, a professional deck builder is the best way to turn what you have in your head to reality. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While doing it yourself may save some money initially, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, the repair and extra materials will end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also enhance your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together as one and allow you and friends and family to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
How to Pick the Best Deck Design for Your Affton, MO Home
When planning for a custom deck in Affton, MO, there are several factors to keep in mind to ensure you get the best end product. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Would you prefer to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a secluded place to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the way you'll use your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Keep in mind things like the sun exposure, wind direction, and views to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Affton, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own pros and cons, so it is important to do your research, heed the advice of professional deck builders, and pick a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your property? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from straightforward to intricate, conventional to contemporary. Think about aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and beautiful yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a budget early on will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to prevent the need for expensive repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? Most local Affton, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can result in fines and legal problems. Additionally, regulations identify minimum safety standards. It is essential to follow all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By considering the above factors and working with an experienced Affton, MO deck building company, you can create a breathtaking and functional yard that adds value and relaxation to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a brand new deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in Affton, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, but there are several different materials that deck builders use to create the deck you have in mind. Most Affton, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are the classic choice for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be built in any style. However, maintenance requires more effort than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and resist decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Affton, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to choose a layout that meets your needs and complements your Affton, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and adaptable style that offers different areas for different activities. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for eating, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can offer a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and colors to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It offers a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer extraordinary scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The layout of your deck will be based on your personal preferences and how we can make your Affton, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right layout can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional Affton, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Deck Building in Affton, MO
- How long does it take to build a deck in Affton, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, the complexity of the design, and exposure to weather. Typically, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a new deck cost in Affton, MO?
The construction cost can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the cost of building a deck in Affton, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more intricate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Affton, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in Affton, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and acquiring permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Affton, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last half a century or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Affton, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck both appealing and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any debris that falls on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced promptly, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Affton, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Affton, MO
If you're a homeowner in Affton, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced group of professional Affton, MO deck builders with more than 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Affton, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.