Lemay, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Lemay, MO. If you're a homeowner in Lemay, MO, you know how important it is to have a stunning outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. And what better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only makes your home look better but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional Lemay, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge designers and craftsman have been helping Lemay, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for more than almost three decades. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Lemay, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Lemay, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Working with a professional deck builder in Lemay, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to create a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They can also deal with your local municipality or Lemay, MO homeowners' association on your behalf if needed.
While many Lemay, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home addition enticing, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While a DIY approach may save some money up front, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up costing more than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also supplement your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and friends and family to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
How to Choose the Best Deck Design for Your Lemay, MO Home
When planning for a custom deck in Lemay, MO, there are several factors to keep in mind to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Do you plan to host friends and neighbors for a barbeque or prefer a private spot for relaxation? Understanding the intended purpose of your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Consider things such as shade, prevailing winds, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Lemay, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, heed the guidance of professional deck builders, and choose a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it mesh well with your home's architecture and landscape? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from basic to intricate, conventional to more adventurous. Think about factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and beautiful yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of maintenance to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? Most local Lemay, MO building codes require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal problems. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to adhere to all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By considering the above factors and contracting a reputable Lemay, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional yard that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll be able to give you a brand new deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Lemay, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, however there are a few different materials that deck builders use to create your custom deck. Most Lemay, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are relatively inexpensive, attractive, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built in any style. However, maintenance requires more effort than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and insect infestation. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, however, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Lemay, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to choose a design that works best for you and your yard in Lemay, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable design that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate areas for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be built with different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It offers a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer extraordinary scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's imperative to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The layout of your deck will be based on your personal preferences and how we can make your Lemay, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Lemay, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your Lemay, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Lemay, MO?
The duration of the project depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, the intricacy of the layout, and exposure to harsher elements. Usually, it takes about one to two weeks to build a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Lemay, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Generally, the price of a new deck in Lemay, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Lemay, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Lemay, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Lemay, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last half a century or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Lemay, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced promptly, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Lemay, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Lemay, MO
If you're a homeowner in Lemay, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, a skilled group of professional Lemay, MO deck builders with more than two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Lemay, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.