Sappington, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Sappington, MO. If you're a homeowner in Sappington, MO, you know how important it is to have a beautiful outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its value and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not for the faint of heart, and that's why you need the help of a professional Sappington, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge designers and craftsman have been helping Sappington, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for more than 25 years. If you want to add a deck to your home, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Sappington, MO home:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Sappington, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Hiring a professional deck builder in Sappington, MO guarantees that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Sappington, MO regulations.
While some Sappington, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While a DIY approach may cost less on the front end, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the best reason to hire a professional deck builder is that they can help enhance your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
How to Pick the Best Deck Layout for Your Sappington, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Sappington, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure your needs and tastes are met. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — How do you see yourself enjoying your new deck? Would you prefer to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a private spot to watch nature? Having a sense of the intended use of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that will suit your needs.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Consider things such as the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Sappington, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their unique advantages and disadvantages, so you need to understand the specifics of each, listen to the advice of professional deck builders, and pick a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it go with your home's architecture and landscape? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from straightforward to elaborate, traditional to modern. Go over aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and beautiful yard.
- Budget — How much are you willing to spend on your deck? The cost of installing a deck can vary significantly depending on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? The majority of local Sappington, MO government offices require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Furthermore, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is essential to follow all regulations to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By taking into account these factors and working with a reputable Sappington, MO deck building company, you can create an appealing and functional outdoor living space that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Sappington, MO
Most decks are built to have the appearance of wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Sappington, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are relatively inexpensive, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and prevent rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Sappington, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to focus on finding a layout that meets your needs and complements your Sappington, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable design that can have different spaces devoted to different purposes. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate areas for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from one outdoor area to another and can offer a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can be built with different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain feature of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It offers a private and raised outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's important to choose a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Sappington, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Sappington, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
FAQs From Your Sappington, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Sappington, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, the intricacy of the design, and the weather conditions. On average, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Sappington, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Generally, the price of building a deck in Sappington, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Sappington, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Sappington, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Sappington, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Sappington, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any branches or leaves that fall on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Sappington, MO homeowners include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Sappington, MO
If you're a homeowner in Sappington, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a skilled team of professional Sappington, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Sappington, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.