Perfect for Any Landscape
Chesterfield, MO Shade Trees
Chesterfield, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Chesterfield, MO shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape will help you incorporate shade trees to your Chesterfield, MO landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Chesterfield home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Chesterfield, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Chesterfield, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Chesterfield yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We will assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Chesterfield, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help figure out the best place to plant the tree for the best shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the best trees for your specific property and tells you where to plant the tree in relation to buildings and structures.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will survive in the climate where you live. Native plants are more likely to survive, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Unlike deciduous trees, evergreens produce year-round, solid shade. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Deciduous trees are ones that shed their leaves seasonally. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Chesterfield, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Chesterfield, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Download Free Swimming Pool Design Guide
Download Free Outdoor Living Design Guide
View All Landscaping Services
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Chesterfield, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Chesterfield home makes a significant impact. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.