Perfect for Any Landscape
Collinsville, IL Shade Trees
Collinsville, IL Shade Trees. Shade trees are an important part of any landscape. The effective addition of shade trees can be a challenging task. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, determine where the tree will go, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is the best choice to supply shade trees to your Collinsville, IL landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Collinsville home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Collinsville, IL
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Collinsville, IL home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While most shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Collinsville yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We can help assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Collinsville, IL property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers will figure out the best place to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the best trees for your specific property and tells you where to plant the tree in relation to buildings and structures.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? A tree’s hardiness rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Unlike deciduous trees, evergreens produce year-round, solid shade. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Collinsville, IL home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Collinsville, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for our customers.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Collinsville, IL?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Collinsville home greatly improves the property as a whole. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need our passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.