Perfect for Any Landscape
Warson Woods, MO Shade Trees
Warson Woods, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
You need a company that will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape will help you incorporate shade trees to your Warson Woods, MO landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Warson Woods home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Warson Woods, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Warson Woods, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Warson Woods yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We will assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting your perfect shade trees:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers will determine the best place to plant the tree for the best shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the best trees for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? It's impractical to plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, avoid the risk of invasive pest species, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. In the winter, allowing the sun to shine on your home will help warm the house and melt surrounding ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Warson Woods, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Warson Woods, and do well in the St. Louis area. There are different types and sizes of maples. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers will find the best trees for your home.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Warson Woods, MO?
When done right, the addition of shade trees to a Warson Woods home makes all the difference. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.