Perfect for Any Landscape
Des Peres, MO Shade Trees
Des Peres, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Installing shade trees effectively is a big job. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, determine where the tree will go, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Des Peres, MO shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whether you know a lot about trees or nothing at all, Poynter Landscape will help you incorporate shade trees to your Des Peres, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Des Peres home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Des Peres, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Des Peres, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While most shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Des Peres yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. To pick the tree that is best for you, you need to consider the conditions of your property including soil density and acidity and how urban the environment is. We can help assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting your perfect shade trees:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help figure out the best place to plant the tree for the best shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the best trees for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? We plan for shade trees to be a part of the landscape for a long time, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will survive in the climate where you live. Native plants are more likely to survive, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and save you water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some flowering trees like the tulip tree are used for shade. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
Deciduous trees are ones that shed their leaves seasonally. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Des Peres, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Des Peres, and do well in the St. Louis area. There are different types and sizes of maples. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Des Peres, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Des Peres home greatly improves the property as a whole. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.