Perfect for Any Landscape
Grover, MO Shade Trees
Grover, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are an important part of any landscape. The effective addition of shade trees can be a challenging task. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Grover, MO shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is here to add shade trees to your Grover, MO landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Grover home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Grover, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Grover, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While most shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Grover yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. Poynter Landscaping will assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting your perfect shade trees:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help determine the best place to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the best trees for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? We plan for shade trees to be a part of the landscape for a long time, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? A tree’s hardiness rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. In the winter, allowing the sun to shine on your home will help warm the house and melt surrounding ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Grover, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Grover, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for our customers.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Grover, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Grover home makes a significant impact. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need our passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.