Perfect for Any Landscape
Frontenac, MO Shade Trees
Frontenac, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are an important part of any landscape. Installing shade trees effectively is a big job. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape will help you incorporate shade trees to your Frontenac, MO landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Frontenac home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Frontenac, MO
As with other trees, shade trees are used for both their visual appearance and their functionality. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Frontenac, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Frontenac yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. To pick the tree that is best for you, you need to consider the conditions of your property including soil density and acidity and how urban the environment is. We can help assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Frontenac, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help determine the best place to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the trees most appropriate for your specific property and tells you where to plant the tree in relation to buildings and structures.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? It's impractical to plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? A tree’s hardiness rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, avoid the risk of invasive pest species, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some flowering trees like the tulip tree are used for shade. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees are ones that shed their leaves seasonally. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Frontenac, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Frontenac, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers will find the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Frontenac, MO?
When done right, the addition of shade trees to a Frontenac home makes all the difference. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, Poynter’s premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.