Perfect for Any Landscape
Webster Groves, MO Shade Trees
Webster Groves, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are an important part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Webster Groves, MO shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whether you know a lot about trees or nothing at all, Poynter Landscape will help you incorporate shade trees to your Webster Groves, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Webster Groves home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Webster Groves, MO
As with other trees, shade trees are used for both their visual appearance and their functionality. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Webster Groves, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Webster Groves yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. To pick the tree that is best for you, you need to consider the conditions of your property including soil density and acidity and how urban the environment is. We will assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting your perfect shade trees:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help determine the most opportune location to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the best trees for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will survive in the climate where you live. Native plants are more likely to survive, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some flowering trees like the tulip tree are used for shade. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Unlike deciduous trees, evergreens produce year-round, solid shade. In the winter, allowing the sun to shine on your home will help warm the house and melt surrounding ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Deciduous trees are ones that shed their leaves seasonally. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Webster Groves, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Webster Groves, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Webster Groves, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Webster Groves home makes a significant impact. They increase the value and usability of the property and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need our passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.