Perfect for Any Landscape
Creve Coeur, MO Shade Trees
Creve Coeur, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, determine where the tree will go, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Creve Coeur, MO shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is here to add shade trees to your Creve Coeur, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Creve Coeur home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Creve Coeur, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Creve Coeur, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While most shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Creve Coeur yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. Poynter Landscaping can help assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Creve Coeur, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Poyter’s professionals will determine the best place to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the best trees for your specific property and tells you where to plant the tree in relation to buildings and structures.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? We plan for shade trees to be a part of the landscape for a long time, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? It's impractical to plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? A tree’s hardiness rating tells you how well it will survive in the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Unlike deciduous trees, evergreens produce year-round, solid shade. In the winter, allowing the sun to shine on your home will help warm the house and melt surrounding ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Creve Coeur, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Creve Coeur, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers will find the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Creve Coeur, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Creve Coeur home greatly improves the property as a whole. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, Poynter’s premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.