Perfect for Any Landscape
Lake of the Ozarks, MO Shade Trees
Lake of the Ozarks, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Installing shade trees effectively is a big job. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, determine where the tree will go, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is here to add shade trees to your Lake of the Ozarks, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Lake of the Ozarks home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Lake of the Ozarks, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Lake of the Ozarks, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Lake of the Ozarks yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. To pick the tree that is best for you, you need to consider the conditions of your property including soil density and acidity and how urban the environment is. We can help assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Lake of the Ozarks, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers will determine the most opportune location to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the best trees for your specific property and tells you where to plant the tree in relation to buildings and structures.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will survive in the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, avoid the risk of invasive pest species, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. In the winter, allowing the sun to shine on your home will help warm the house and melt surrounding ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Lake of the Ozarks, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Lake of the Ozarks, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers will find the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Lake of the Ozarks, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Lake of the Ozarks home makes all the difference. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, Poynter’s premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.