Perfect for Any Landscape
Huntleigh, MO Shade Trees
Huntleigh, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whether you know a lot about trees or nothing at all, Poynter Landscape is the best choice to supply shade trees to your Huntleigh, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Huntleigh home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Huntleigh, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Huntleigh, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Huntleigh yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We can help assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Huntleigh, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Poyter’s professionals will figure out the most opportune location to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the trees most appropriate for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? It's impractical to plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants are more likely to survive, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and save you water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are many varieties of deciduous trees. For your Huntleigh, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Huntleigh, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for each client.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Huntleigh, MO?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Huntleigh home makes a significant impact. They increase the value and usability of the property and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, Poynter’s premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need our passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.