Perfect for Any Landscape
Belleville, IL Shade Trees
Belleville, IL Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Adding shade trees to your property is no small undertaking if you want to do so successfully. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, determine where the tree will go, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to adding shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is the best choice to supply shade trees to your Belleville, IL landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Belleville home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Belleville, IL
As with other trees, shade trees are used for both their visual appearance and their functionality. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Belleville, IL home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While most shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Belleville yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. To pick the tree that is best for you, you need to consider the conditions of your property including soil density and acidity and how urban the environment is. Poynter Landscaping can help assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Belleville, IL property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Poyter’s professionals will figure out the most opportune location to plant the tree for the best shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this helps narrow down the trees most appropriate for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? It's impractical to plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants are more likely to survive, avoid the risk of invasive pest species, and save you water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Belleville, IL home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Belleville, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers will find the best trees for your home.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Interested in Shade Trees in Belleville, IL?
When done right, adding shade trees to a Belleville home makes all the difference. They make your property worth more and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, Poynter’s premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need our passionate and artful approach. Call us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.