Perfect for Any Landscape
Olivette, MO Shade Trees
Olivette, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are a significant part of any landscape. Installing shade trees effectively is a big job. You will want to carefully select the right type of tree, find the best placement for the tree, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Olivette, MO shade trees, Poynter Landscape provides the horticultural knowledge and design savvy your home needs.
A good landscape firm will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whatever your level of familiarity with trees and landscaping, Poynter Landscape is the best choice to supply shade trees to your Olivette, MO landscape. Our talented designers will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Olivette home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Olivette, MO
As with other trees, shade trees are used for both their visual appearance and their functionality. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Olivette, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, their leaves produce brilliant warm colors in the fall. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Olivette yard year-round, the presence of shade trees benefits the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
Missouri has a great selection of native shade trees. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We will assess your land and match it up with the trees that work best in those specific conditions.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting your perfect shade trees:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Poyter’s professionals will determine the best place to plant the tree for the best shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the trees most appropriate for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. Because you will have to plant the tree when it is younger, choosing a species that grows rapidly will fulfill its function as a shade tree sooner.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? The rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, avoid the risk of invasive pest species, and require less water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Typical shade trees do not, but some flowering trees like the tulip tree are used for shade. Also, trees that drop seed pods will create a mess in the same area you are trying to shade.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Shade trees are almost always deciduous trees rather than evergreen trees. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the dappled light that shines through the gaps in the canopy of a nice maple tree is just the right touch.
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Olivette, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Olivette, and do well in the St. Louis area. There are different types and sizes of maples. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Our landscape designers are experts on selecting the best trees for our customers.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Olivette, MO?
When done right, the addition of shade trees to a Olivette home makes a significant impact. They increase the value and usability of the property and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service gives you an extra edge. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.