Perfect for Any Landscape
Brentwood, MO Shade Trees
Brentwood, MO Shade Trees. Shade trees are an important part of any landscape. The effective addition of shade trees can be a challenging task. You will want to carefully select the correct type of tree, figure out where to put it, and plant it in such a way that promotes the health of the tree and the rest of your property. When it comes to Brentwood, MO shade trees, your landscape needs and deserves the technical expertise and eye for design that Poynter Landscape is known for.
You need a company that will listen to and understand their customer's needs and desires. Whether you know a lot about trees or nothing at all, Poynter Landscape is the best choice to supply shade trees to your Brentwood, MO landscape. We will ensure the addition of shade trees to your Brentwood home complements the rest of your property, meets your needs, and allows the trees and the rest of the landscape to flourish.
Shade Trees in Brentwood, MO
As with other trees, the purpose of a shade tree is not only aesthetic, but also functional. In the blazing summer months, shade trees help keep your Brentwood, MO home comfortably cool, conserve energy, and reduce your energy bill. They also provide targeted shade, creating a welcoming outdoor spotfrom which you can enjoy your beautiful landscape. While many varieties of shade trees don't flower, they have beautiful fall foliage. In addition to enhancing the appearance and enjoyment of your Brentwood yard year-round, shade trees benefit the land itself by boosting the health of your soil and the quality of the air around you.
Choosing a Shade Tree
There are many great shade trees native to Missouri. The best type of tree for your property will depend on environmental factors like the soil condition and population density of the area. We will assess your land and find the trees best suited for that environment.
When selecting the best shade trees for your Brentwood, MO property, ask these questions:
- Where do you want the shade to be? Our landscape designers can help figure out the most opportune location to plant the tree to provide maximum shade coverage.
- What is the expected height and width of the tree when it reaches maturity? Knowing this points you in the direction of the best trees for your specific property and tells you how far from your house and other structures the tree needs to be planted.
- What is the life expectancy of the species? Shade trees are meant to be long-term fixtures, so you want them to have a long and healthy life span.
- How quickly will it grow? You can’t plant a full-grown, 40-year-old tree. The tree you plant will be a bit smaller and younger, but a fast-growing tree means you will get the shade you want quicker.
- What is the origin of the species? What is its hardiness rating? A tree’s hardiness rating tells you how well it will tolerate the climate where you live. Native plants have a better chance of thriving, are less likely to introduce invasive pests to your area, and save you water and money.
- Does it bear fruit or produce flowers? Most shade trees do not, but some , such as the tulip tree, do flower. Also, keep in mind that some trees drop pods or cones, which will collect under the tree and throughout your yard.
Types of Trees Used for Shade
Deciduous trees are generally preferred over evergreens when used for shade.. Evergreens cast shade all year long, and their shade is thicker than the shade from a deciduous tree. Here in the midwest, you will want some sun in the winter to warm your home and help melt ice and snow. And in the warmer months, the bits of light that show through a maple tree’s fall canopy create a delightful effect.
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Deciduous trees lose their leaves every fall. There are so many kinds of deciduous trees. For your Brentwood, MO home, pick a Missouri native. Maple trees are popular shade trees in Brentwood, and do well in the St. Louis area. Maples come in many varieties and sizes. American sycamore, honey locust, river birch, and green giant arborvitae are some other common shade tree choices for your greater St. Louis home. Poynter's landscape designers will find the best trees for your home.
Here are two additional downloadable guides!
Are You Looking for Shade Trees in Brentwood, MO?
When done right, the addition of shade trees to a Brentwood home makes all the difference. They increase the value and usability of the property and enhance the overall health of the landscape. While anyone can plant a tree with some basic information and a couple of tools, our premier landscaping service can take it to the next level. To take full advantage of the beauty, sophistication, and functionality of a shade tree, you need Poynter's passionate and artful approach. Contact us at 636-256-2600, or fill out the form on this page to learn more about our award-winning services or to schedule an appointment.