A Guide to Outdoor Landscaping Ideas
When it comes to creating an inviting and relaxing outdoor space, the possibilities are endless with Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction. Outdoor landscaping is far more than just planting pretty flowers and calling it a day. With our professionals at the helm it’s a comprehensive approach to designing an environment that reflects your style, boosts your property’s value, and provides a functional and tranquil retreat.
Give us a call today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online to discuss your outdoor landscaping ideas. Poynter Landscape has over three decades of experience providing St. Louis area residents and business owners with top-tier landscaping services.
Outdoor Landscaping Ideas: Transforming Your Space into a Haven
Before diving into specific ideas or pre-planning projects, you can meet with one of our expert architects to go over the purpose of your outdoor space. Are you looking for a cozy, spa-like haven, a vibrant entertaining area, a practical outdoor kitchen, or a family-friendly garden space? The Poynter pros have the experience to, quite literally, help navigate the terrain of planning an outdoor space.
Here, we’ll explore a variety of outdoor landscaping ideas to help inspire you on your journey to transform your outdoor space into the oasis of your dreams.
- Create Inviting Entryways
- Functional Outdoor Spaces
- Add Water Features for Tranquility
- Artistic Hardscape Elements
- Vertical Gardens and Green Walls
No matter the size, the entrance sets the tone for your outdoor space. This can include a pathway, a stylish gate, or an eye-catching planter. For many St. Louis-area properties, we’ve used a mix of flowers, shrubs, and outdoor lighting to create a welcoming area.
What’s the most important room in your house? Yep, you guessed it, the kitchen. Extend your home into the outdoors, providing opportunities for relaxation and entertainment, with an outdoor kitchen and a cozy fire pit.
We make the most of limited space by incorporating efficient gardens or green walls. These features not only maximize greenery – and we make the most of native plants, trees, and shrubs in our garden designs – but also serve as attractive focal points.
The Benefits of Outdoor Landscaping
On average, a well-designed outdoor space by Poynter Landscape saves enough money in energy costs to pay for itself in 8 years. Other advantages include:
- Extends Your Home Outdoors: This may seem obvious but you can never have enough space, right? Whether you choose a patio, a deck, an outdoor kitchen, or a pool, you allow your family the ability to enjoy more space. It’s practical too, providing a place for large family gatherings or neighborhood get-togethers. Give us a call today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online to discuss outdoor landscaping options for your property.
- Supports the Environment: Outdoor landscaping contributes to environmental sustainability by reducing soil erosion, improving air quality, and supporting biodiversity, particularly our use of native plants. The use of native plants not only helps the local ecosystem but also eliminates the need for harsh chemicals and pesticides.
- Increases Your Home’s Value: A professionally landscaped yard can increase the market value of your property. In fact, according to Bankrate, high-quality landscape designs usually have an ROI of 20-30 percent of the overall house value. Additionally, 92% of realtors advise clients to improve the curb appeal of their homes with a well-groomed yard before listing.
- Reduces Energy Costs: Poynter Landscape uses our expertise in outdoor design to strategically plant shrubbery and trees as windbreaks around your property to cut energy costs. Our energy conservation techniques can save you up to 35% on air conditioning and cut your heating bills by as much as 25%.
Reach Out to Poynter Landscape For Outdoor Landscaping Ideas
Whether you’re aiming for a tranquil garden retreat or a vibrant entertainment space, Poynter Landscape is the place for outdoor landscaping ideas in the St. Louis area. Hiring a local outdoor landscaping company saves you time, effort, and money – allowing you to relax more comfortably in your new space.